Monday, January 27, 2014

Crime In Society Today


2. When I came across this website I found it to be very interesting to me and very relatable to my topic, Violent Crimes. Community Violence is only one example of the many different types of violence that take place in society today. There is violence everywhere not just in poor neighborhoods, but I find it interesting to read about the thoughts of people who fear violence and have witnessed it numerous times in their lives. The website gives you direct quotes from parents/adults living in dangerous neighborhoods and quotes from children living in these conditions. The website also informs you about Community Violence and what it is exactly. It gives a summary of what we can do as individuals to stop community violence and make every area a safe one. 

"Out there is a jungle; innocent people get killed." This quote was said by an adult living in a dangerous neighborhood. It scares me because some people do not even feel safe in their own homes and have fear constantly lingering in their minds. This website is amazing and definitely a step in the right direction to ending Community Violence for good. But in my opinion it is going to take a lot more than a website to end it. The direct quotes are very touching and made me even more interested in the topic than before. It scares me that children and teenagers my age are witnessing these violent acts. I can not even imagine how scary it must be to grow up in a dangerous neighborhood. It interests me to read about the bystanders in the situation and their view on Community Violence. 

1 comment:

  1. I found this website to be very compelling as the direct quotes are very appealing to the emotions and it sheds a lot of light onto violent crime. I knew that violent crime existed, but because I am fortunate enough to live in a safe, friendly neighborhood, it was never applicable to me. This website really grounded me; it is shocking and disturbing to me that someone could feel unsafe in their home. This website has shown me what a serious issue this is and makes me feel motivated to put efforts in to stop it.

    ReplyDelete